- EMI Music Publishing Takes Top Country Music Honor For Fifth Year Running
- EMI Celebrates 2005 MTV Video Music Awards
- EMI Music Publishing Wins Coveted BMI Urban Publisher Of The Year
- EMI Music Publishing Launches Royalty Contact Hotline
- EMI Songwriters Honored At 5th Annual BET Awards
- EMI Music Publishing Sweeps the 2005 ASCAP Rhythm And Soul Music Awards
- EMI Takes Top 2005 Publisher Honors From Both ASCAP And BMI
EMI Songwriters Honored At 5th Annual BET Awards
EMI songwriters led the pack at this year's BET awards, taking home 5 of the 10 music category honours. At the 5th annual ceremony, aired live from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on 28 June, Kanye West emerged as a double winner, picking up statues for Best Male Hip-Hop Artist and Video of the Year for Jesus Walks from his smash Roc-A-Fella debut album The College Dropout. Alicia Keys, having picked up two awards the prior evening at the ASCAP's, was honoured with Best Female R&B, while Usher took the prize for Best Male R&B. Omarion (Sony) went home with the Viewer's Choice Award which is presented to the performer who wins an online poll for favourite song that takes place during the awards presentations.
Hosting the ceremony for the first time was husband-and-wife team, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, and in keeping with its tradition of surprise openings, BET brought together Fugees members Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean and Pras Michel. The trio energetically reprised several of its hits, including Ready or Not and Killing Me Softly. Among others performing were Stevie Wonder with Legend, Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child, T.I., Mike Jones and Ciara.