- EMI Music Publishing Takes Top Country Music Honor For Fifth Year Running
- EMI Celebrates 2005 MTV Video Music Awards
- EMI Music Publishing Wins Coveted BMI Urban Publisher Of The Year
- EMI Music Publishing Launches Royalty Contact Hotline
- EMI Songwriters Honored At 5th Annual BET Awards
- EMI Music Publishing Sweeps the 2005 ASCAP Rhythm And Soul Music Awards
- EMI Takes Top 2005 Publisher Honors From Both ASCAP And BMI
EMI Music Publishing Wins Coveted BMI Urban Publisher Of The Year
EMI Music Publishing swept this year's BMI Urban Awards, winning 17 of the total 35 awards given for individual songs.
BMI saluted the premiere R&B, Rap and Hip-Hop songwriters, producers and publishers at its 2005 BMI Urban Awards, staged August 26th in the Grand Ballroom of the Fontainebleau Resort in Miami Beach.
BMI Producer of the Year honors went to Kanye West for logging the most producer credits on charting songs. EMI Music Publishing was named BMI Urban Publisher of the Year by accumulating the highest percentage of copyright ownership in award songs. Big Jon Platt, Executive Vice President, Urban Music, US, accepted on behalf of EMI, which boasted 17 songs on the most-performed list (through its companies EMI-Blackwood Music, Inc., EMI-Hastings Catalog, Inc., EMI-Stone Diamond Music Corporation, and Screen Gems-EMI Music, Inc.).
On the list of BMI's 35 most-performed urban songs, four songwriters contributed three songs each, two being EMI writers Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
In addition to the BMI performance awards, music trade magazine Billboard recognized the BMI-affiliated writers who had #1 songs on the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, Hot Rap Tracks, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay and Hot 100 charts during the past year. EMI's Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams led with Drop It Like It's Hot, which topped all four lists.
In total, 70 songwriters were honored for the 35 most performed urban format songs of 2004.