- EMI Music Publishing songwriters including Jay-Z and Kanye West lead the way at the Grammy nominations
- Mark Ronson extends worldwide relationship with EMI Music Publishing
- EMI Music Publishing signs Eddy Grant to global publishing deal
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters win at ASCAP’s Rhythm & Soul Awards
- EMI Music Publishing extends its partnership with award-winning rock songwriter and producer Brian Howes
- EMI Music Publishing signs worldwide agreement with Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Ben Harper
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters win at the 53rd Ivor Novello Awards
- EMI Music Publishing US signs Rev Theory and The Cab to exclusive publishing agreements
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters dominate at the 25th annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards
- EMI Music Publishing signs exclusive publishing deal with hit songwriter and producer Mike Elizondo
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters triumph at the BRIT Awards 2008
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters dominate at the Grammy Awards
- EMI Music Publishing signs Amanda Ghost to exclusive agreement
- EMI Music Publishing songwriters make it to Super Bowl XLII
- EMI Music Publishing extends its publishing partnership with Norah Jones
EMI Music Publishing extends its publishing partnership with Norah Jones
NEW YORK, January 7 2008 – EMI Music Publishing, the world’s leading music publisher, has announced that it is extending its relationship with Norah Jones, one of the most successful songwriters and recording artists of the decade.
Norah Jones has been signed to EMI Music Publishing since 2002, ahead of the release of the hugely successful debut album Come Away With Me, and has since gone on to release two further multi-million selling albums in Feels Like Home and Not Too Late.
EMI Music Publishing chairman and CEO Roger Faxon commented: “Norah Jones is one of the most talented and accomplished young songwriters and performers in the United States, with a long and illustrious career still ahead of her. Norah’s songs have always resonated with music fans of all ages, and we are very proud to be able to extend our publishing relationship with her.”
Come Away With Me won eight awards at the 2003 Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year. The record has gone on to sell more than 20 million copies worldwide, including 10 million in the US alone. The follow-up Feels Like Home sold more than a million units in the United States in its first week of sale alone. The lead track on Feels Like Home, Sunrise, was co-penned by Jones and her long-time songwriting partner Lee Alexander, who is also signed to EMI Music Publishing. Every song on Not Too Late, which was released last year and debuted at the top of album charts in fifteen countries, was either written or co-written by Jones.
EMI Music Publishing’s 1.3 million copyrights include some of the best-known songs ever written, such as New York New York, You’ve Got A Friend, Lady Marmalade, Always On My Mind, Three Times A Lady, I Heard It Through The Grapevine and Singin’ In the Rain. Its current hit-making writers and producers include Arctic Monkeys, Beyoncé, James Blunt, Kelly Clarkson, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Pink, Usher, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams and Amy Winehouse.